Specific aspects of DER flexibility addressed in this work include:
● Reviewing drivers and new requirements for flexibility at different stages of power system planning and operation, from the whole-system to the local network.
● Providing a definition and characterization of the concept of DER flexibility that is most suitable in the context of renewables integration.
● Compiling preliminary information from selected technologies on the potential of DER to provide flexibility over different time scales, and in different forms, including distributed generation, different forms and technologies of energy storage, electric vehicles, and residential, commercial and industrial demand response.
● Discuss the specific but increasingly important case of DER flexibility in isolated systems.
|Title of host publication||Proceedings of the Cigre Chengdu 2019 Symposium|
|Number of pages||13|
|Publisher||CIGRE (International Council on Large Electric Systems)|
|Publication status||Published - 2019|
|Event||Cigre Chengdu 2019 Symposium - Chengdu, China|
Duration: 20 Sep 2019 → 26 Sep 2019
|Conference||Cigre Chengdu 2019 Symposium|
|Period||20/09/2019 → 26/09/2019|
- distributed energy resources
- low-carbon technologies
- multi-energy systems
- demand side resources
- demand response