The objective of the BROADBANDLOOP project is to define and test in field trials a concept for a cost-effective broadband access network, which will allow fibre to migrate gracefully into the local loop as bandwidth demand increases. The project will demonstrate a graceful upgrade of PONs to high bandwidth and use high speed VDSL modems to upgrade coax and copper twisted pair networks, to transport broadband services over the last drop into the customers' premises. The target customer group is small to medium size business enterprises and residential customers.
|Effective start/end date||01/01/1997 → …|
- Technical University of Denmark (lead)
- Portugal Telecom SGPS SA (Project partner)
- AGH University of Science and Technology (Project partner)
- TDC A/S (Project partner)
- DSC Communications (Project partner)
- Teliasonera Sverige AB (Project partner)
- Orange Labs Poland (Project partner)
- Universidade de Aveiro (Project partner)
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.