Curriculum Vitae - Stig Helveg
Academic Degrees and Employments
- 2020: Professor, DTU Physics, Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- 2017: Fellow at Haldor Topsoe A/S (HTAS)
- 2012: Senior Research Scientist at Haldor Topsoe A/S
- 2003: Research Scientist at Haldor Topsoe A/S.
- 2000: Postdoc (3 years) at Haldor Topsoe A/S co-financed with the Danish Research Council STVF.
- 2000: PhD (Physics), University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- 1998: MSc (Physics/Chemistry), University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- My publication list contains >100 entries in leading international, peer-reviewed journals, including Science, Nature, Nature Group Journals, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chemie Int. Ed. as well as book chapters, reviews and proceedings.
- Publication statistics (Google Scholar, August 2020): 12535 citations, corresponding to an H-index of 49.
- At international conferences and meetings, I have given 74 invited talks out of 89 presentations.
- 2019: Innovation in Materials Characterization Award, Materials Research Society (MRS) (www.mrs.org/imca).
- 2018: Elite Research Prize, The Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science (www.ufm.dk).
- 2017: Affiliated professor at the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen (2017).
- 2012: Berzelius Prize, the Swedish Catalysis Society.
- Group leader for in situ transmission electron microscopy at HTAS. The facility hosts two state-of-the-art electron microscopes and a groundbreaking nanoreactor technology for in situ / operando TEM (2000-20).
- Scientific and technical leader for the establishment of the second-generation in situ TEM facility (2006-2010).
- Supervision (in total): 10 MSc, 15 PhD students, 13 postdocs and numerous visiting scientists.
- Guest lecturing at university courses, 2000-20 (MSc and PhD level).
- Grants: PI on DNRF’s Center for Visualizing Catalytic Processes (VISION) (2020-26) and Co-PI on 9 (inter-)national grants at budgets 1-5 mio Euros (2005-20).
- Long-term collaborators: The Dutch consortium NIMIC (www.realnano.nl), Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA), University of California (Berkeley, USA), SuperSTEM (UK), Thermo Fisher Scientific (NL), Utrecht University (NL), Chalmers University of Technology (SE), Aarhus University (DK), Technical University of Denmark (DK).
- Reviewer for national science councils and high-profile journals (Science, Nature journals, JACS, Angew. Chemie. Int. Ed.)
- Member of international advisory board, program committee and symposium organization for 14 conferences (USA,MEX,AUS,NL,DK).