DescriptionINTEGRAL User Group
The INTEGRAL User Group is an advisory group for ESA's high energy observatory INTEGRAL. The task include:
1) Advise the Project Scientist on all matters relevant to maximising the scientific return of INTEGRAL within the boundary conditions.
2) Advise the Project Scientist on how to ensure that INTEGRAL maintains the principal characteristics of an observatory satisfying the objectives of the scientific community at large.
3) Act as a focus for the interests of the scientific community in INTEGRAL and act as an advocate for INTEGRAL within that community.
4) Maintain contact with the wider scientific community on matters specific to INTEGRAL (e.g. coordinated observations, science operations and General Observer interface) and to provide a route so that the community can advise ESA on INTEGRAL's scientific goals from a general point of view.
5) Monitor the ISOC and ISDC activities to ensure that they best meet the needs of the user community within the resources available.
6) Identify, in consultation with the Integral Operations Coordination Group (IOCG), a coherent calibration and performance verification policy.
7) Advise, in consultation with the IOCG, on the maintenance and possible further enhancement of the science ground segment with particular reference to the operational scenario, observatory products and database structure.
8) Participate in major programme reviews.
Body type: ESA INTEGRAL mission advisory grouå
|Period||1 Jan 2007 → …|
|Held at||European Space Agency - ESA, France|
|Degree of Recognition||International|
Documents & Links