Development of a group contribution method for determination of viscosity of ionic liquids at atmospheric pressure
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article – Annual report year: 2012
|Journal||Chemical Engineering Science|
|State||Published - 2012|
- A data set consisting of 1672 viscosity values and comprising 443 ILs was collated from the literature.
- A reliable group contribution method has been developed using this dataset.
- The method employs a total of 46 sub-structures in addition to the temperature to predict the viscosity of ILs.
- Twenty four sub-structures related to anions, and 22 sub-structures related cations were implemented.
- The model produces very encouraging results.
|Citations||Web of Science® Times Cited: 22|
- Viscosity, Ionic liquids, Group contribution, Model, Database, Estimation