- Danish Aquaculture Organisation, Denmark
- The Association of Danish Fish Retailers
- Danish Seafood Organisation, Denmark
- Danmarks Fiskeindustri og Eksportforening, Denmark
- Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Denmark
During production and preparation of food, mutagenic and carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) can be formed. Smoking of foods can lead to the formation of PAHs, and the levels of PAH can be attributed to the processing methods used. The aim of this 2-year project is therefore to give a comprehensive survey of the relation between smoking process parameters, such as the type of generator, smoke temperature and wash of smoke, on the concentration of PAHs. Trout will be used as a model fish. The project will include a preliminary survey on the processes used for the production of smoked fish, trimming studies and a final risk evaluation.
|Period||01/01/06 → 30/04/08|