- University of Helsinki, Finland
- Matis ohf, Food Research, Innovation and Safety,
- Norwegian Scholl of Veterinary Science, Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology,
- National Food Administration, Sweden
- Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Sweden
The strategic objective of the project is to create tools and data for the improvement of risk assessment related to foodborne viruses. The more specific objectives are: I. To resolve technical bottlenecks in sampling and develop non-complex sample preparation methods. II. To develop novel tools for quantification, data interpretation, molecular characterization, and survival studies of NoV and HAV in water and soft fruits. III. To use the developed tools in screening studies. IV. To evaluate the effectiveness of minimal and innovative inactivation strategies. V. To ensure effective dissemination of project outputs.
|Period||01/04/2008 → 31/03/2011|