- Finnish Institute of Marine Research, Finland
- Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center, Norway
- VTT - Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
- Danish Meteorological Institute , Denmark
- Icelandic Meteorological Office, Iceland
The aim of IWICOS is to develop a prototype marine information system which will provide a single-entry access to meteorological, sea ice and oceanographic (met-ice-ocean) data and products in electronic form provided by weather forecasting, ice and research centres. The prototype will include an end user system which allows users to select, order and retrieve products offered by the consortium and pay electronically. Innovative met-ice-ocean products will be developed which combine satellite data, weather, ice and ocean data and are suitable for transmission via a Internet or other communication channels. The prototype will be demonstrated to a group of end users. A validation and market survey for the prototype will be carried out towards the end of the project.
|Period||01/01/2000 → 31/12/2002|