- Research Institute for Aquaculture No.1 (RIA1), Aquaculture Research Sub-Institute for North Central (ARSINC), Viet Nam
- Aalborg University, Denmark
The main objective of the project is to contribute to the sustainable development of coastal aquaculture in Central Vietnam under climate change condition through better use of available nutrition resources.
ARSINC (Aquaculture Research Sub-Institute for North Central), under Research Institute for Aquaculture No.1 (RIA1) in Vietnam is the applicant and main responsible while DTU Aqua is the Danish partner.
The immediate objectives of this project are:
- Better use of nutrition resources by developing cost-effective formulated feeds for selected, commercial, carnivorous fish species and by application of non-feed based and improved integrated aquaculture models as adaptive practices in coping with the impacts of climate change in Central Vietnam.
- Propose and disseminate adapted aquaculture options to farmers, authorities and other stake holders in response to climate change condition.
A case study will be carried out to develop cost-effective diets for a commercial carnivorous fish species to replace trash fish based diets, aiming at both reducing environmental impact and reducing production cost (i.e. reduced feed costs) by optimizing both the nutritional composition to the species requirements and by dietary replacement of fish meal with plant meal types. The aim is to develop fish feed diets that are superior to the use of trash fish in terms of costs effectiveness, bio-security, resource sustainability as well as within logistic benefits, thus it could be widely accepted by farmers. In addition, best management practice will be developed including best feeding frequencies and feeding rates to increase efficiency in environmental impact management while optimizing the feed utilization Reports, policy recommendations, and technical guidelines will be disseminated through the Vietnam’s administrative system, target stakeholder and project website.
The project is coordinated by Aquaculture Research Sub-Institute for North Central, Research Institute for Aquaculture, Vietnam.
|Period||01/10/2012 → 01/10/2015|
- Research area: Aquaculture - Nutrition, Growth and Welfare