Morten Nielsen's has worked with boundary-layer meteorology, atmospheric dispersion, data acuisition from field experiments, satellite SAR image processing and stochastic simulation. He now works on wind-power meteorology and is a member of the WAsP team. This involves software development, user support, courses for wind-energy professionals, and university teaching.
|1980 - 1986||MSc - DTU|
- MN is interested in atmospheric turbulence, boundary-layer meteorology, dense gas dispersion, concentration fluctuations, wind resource estimation and wind energy site assessment.
- MN has experience with micro-meteorological field experiments, meteorological instruments, data acquisition, site inspection and due diligence of wind energy projects, time series analysis, statistics, satellite SAR wind data, numerical methods, databases, dispersion models, turbulence simulation, stochastic models and teaching.
- MN is a Delphi and Mathematica programmer.
- MN is part of the WAsP team. This involves technical support, documentation, courses and software development.
- MN teaches at the DTU Wind Energy MSc programme.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Article in proceedings – Annual report year: 2015
Publication: Research › Poster – Annual report year: 2015
Comparison of Resource and Energy Yield Assessment Procedures 2011-2015: What have we learned and what needs to be done?
Publication: Research › Sound/Visual production (digital) – Annual report year: 2015
ISSNs: 1607-7962, 1029-7006, 1029-7006, 1029-7006
ISSNs (Electronic): 1029-7006
Copernicus GmbH, Germany
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed no, BFI (2009): BFI-level 1
ISSNs: 0304-3894, 03043894
ISSNs (Electronic): 1873-3336
Elsevier BV, Netherlands
BFI (2015): BFI-level 1, ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes
ISSNs: 1095-4244, 10954244
ISSNs (Electronic): 1099-1824
John/Wiley & Sons Ltd., United Kingdom
BFI (2015): BFI-level 2, ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes
European Space Agency, ESA, 92-9221
Place of employment
Latest activities and conferences