Head of the Molecular Windows research group. Working on developing novel tools based on micro- and nanofabricated devices for high resolution imaging with light and electron microscopes in order to provide new insights into biological, physical and chemical processes on the nanoscale.
Work at Universities:
Associate Professor at DTU-Nanotech since 1.7.2008.
Head of the Molecular Windows research group.
Working on developing novel tools based on micro- and nanofabricated devices for high resolution imaging with light and electron microscopes in order to provide new insights into biological, physical and chemical processes on the nanoscale.
- Part time E-Learning consultant working at LearningLab DTU, developing IT solutions for teaching (1.9.2010 - 01.01.2012).
- Assistant Professor at
- DTU-Nanotech (1.4-31.07.2008) in the Nanointegration group, working with electron microscopy of biological and liquid samples.
- MIC, DTU (1.2.07-31.03.2008) in the Optofluidics Group, working with micro and nanooptics.
- MIC, DTU (1.2.05-1.2.07) working on nanowire integration in microsystems, a 2-year "talent project"; NAMIC granted by the FTP.
- MIC, DTU. (1.7-30.9.04) working on nanomanipulation.
- Post Doc at the Nanometer Consortium at the Solid State Physics Department, Lund University (1.10-31.12.04).
- Research assistant at
- Division Microrobotics and Control Engineering (AMiR), University of Oldenburg, Germany (1.2-1.5.04). Worked on in-situ SEM nanomanipulation systems for the ASSEMIC project.
- Institute of Physics and Astronomy, Aarhus (1.7.00-1.2.01), working at the Ion Trap Group (http://www.phys.au.dk/iontrap) with a pulse excited linear Paul trap.
- University of Konstanz and University of Düsseldorf, Germany (1.2-1.5.00) in the Quantum Optics and Relativity Group of Prof. S. Schiller. Worked on the construction of an ion trap for molecular ions.
- DTUs research leader education (DTUs lederprogram 2012)
- Coach education from Manning-Inspire 2012.
- Ph.D. (Physics/Nanotechnology), July 2004 from the Technical University of Denmark. Thesis " Tools for in-situ manipulation and characterisation of nanostructures"
- M.Sc. (physics and chemistry), March 2000 from Aarhus
Masters thesis " Construction of and Experiments with a Linear Paul Trap"
- Upper Secondary School/ High School, Risskov Amtsgymnasium (1992).
- Thesis available in pdf format on kristian.molhave.dk.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- The McKinsey & Company Initiative Award 2003 for starting the Science Show
- Working on several wikibook.org projects: Opensource handbooks on nanotechnology and microtechnology, The Teachers Toolbox about teaching methods.
- DVD: IndiensPortalen - funded by the Danish Ministry of Education. An educational DVD containing 2 documentaries, where I contributed as cameraman, coproducer and the DVD layout. Mumbai Mosaic 2003 (60 min), Kurveflettere og murstensarbejdere (10 min). The DVD is a part of the project "Portal To India" for high school level education about India (www.Indiensportalen.emu.dk).
- Book: "Non-Harming - the Jain Art of Living" by A. Gangar, K. Gangar, B. M&oslash;lhave and K. Molhave. Published by Systime 1999, funded by the Danish Ministry of Education. See www.systime.dk.
- Produced various videos mainly for introductions and teaching, for the Institute of Environmental and Occupational medicine, Aarhus (1996).
- Six documentaries on Hinduism and life in contemporary India by B. M&oslash;lhave and K. Molhave, published by Systime 1995, funded by the Danish Ministry of Education.
- DFF Sapere Aude project "LiquidEM - Electron microscopy of processes in liquids". Project leader, supervisor of post doc and phd. (2013-2016). Budget 0.9 Mio Euro. Danish Research Counsil for Technology and Production Case No. 12-126194.
- Danish Nanosafety Centre http://www.arbejdsmiljoforskning.dk/da/projekter/dansk-center-for-nanosikkerhed lead by Prof. Ulla Vogel. Member of steering commitee and main supervisor of PhD student on aerosol measurments. Funded by the Danish Work Research Foundation ca. 4 Mio euro;.1.5.2012-30.4.2015).
- PhD Project: "Imaging Cells interactions with Nanostructures" with Carsten K&oslash;bler. Main supervisor.
- FTP Project "Nano-Live" on Imaging Nanoelectronics Live by Transmission Electron Microscopy. Project leader, supervisor of post doc and phd. Budget: 5.7Mdkk, (1.1.11-31.12.13) Danish Research Counsil for Technology and Production Case No. 10-082797
- EU project "FP7-Nanolyse" - Nanoparticles in Food: Analytical methods for detection and characterisation (01.01.2010-30.09.2013) , - Supervising PhD student.
- EU project FP7-Technotubes (Technology for Wafer-Scale Carbon Nanotube Applications) (2009-2012) - Grant agreement no.: CP-IP 228579-1- Supervising PhD student.
- DTU PhD project with DTU Center for Electron Nanoscopy (2009-2012), "Electron Microscopy of Liquid Processes" Main Supervisor.
- EU project FP7-NMP-2007-SMALL "NanoScale - Understanding interactions between cells and nanopatterned surfaces". (1.7.08-1.7.11). Member of steering comittee and leader of DTUs workpackages.
- FTP Talentprojekt "Characterization and Fabrication of Nanowire-Microstructure devices"; Project leader. Budget: 200.000 euro;, (1.2.05-1.2.07) Danish Research Counsil for Technology and Production Case No. 26-04-0258.
- University Teaching
- 2012: Teacher in DTU course 42343 Nanotechnology, design, society and environment with Stig Irving Olsen&nbsp;and Michael S&oslash;gaard J&oslash;rgensen.
- 2012: Teacher in DTU Course 33323 Nano-1: Introduktion til nanoteknologi with Winnie Svendsen.
- 2011-12: Teacher in the course Supervision of larger projects with Miriam Godskesen.
- 2005-6: Developed and taught the "Nanooptics Case" in the Course "Nano2" at DTU (2005, with K N Andersen, 2006 with K.N Andersen and P. U Jensen).
Aarhus University Hospital, on "Design, production and testing of imaging probes" in the Ph.D. course "Molecular Imaging and Therapy
- Member of organizing commitee for Gron Dyst http://www.groendyst.dtu.dk/ - DTUs student conference on green technology (ca 300 participants), 2010, 2012.
Publication: Research › Other contribution – Annual report year: 2013
Publication: Research › Patent – Annual report year: 2013
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article – Annual report year: 2013
Activity: Lecture and oral contribution
ISSNs: 0304-3991, 03043991
Elsevier BV, Netherlands
FI (2012): 1, ISI indexed (2012): yes
ISSNs: 1530-6984, 15306984
American Chemical Society, United States
FI (2012): 2, ISI indexed (2012): yes
ISSNs: 0957-4484, 09574484
Institute of Physics Publishing, United Kingdom
FI (2012): 2, ISI indexed (2012): yes
Latest activities and conferences