Since January 2011 he works as Associate Professor of Engineering Decision Analysis. He is leading the group of Civil Engineering Risk and Decision Analysis - CERDA - within the Department of Civil Engineering, DTU.
Current research projects
- Projection of the change in future weather extremes using super-high-resolution atmospheric model, funded by Ministory of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (project member since 2010)
- Real Time Decision Support in the Face of Evolving Natural Hazards, funded by Swiss National Science Foundation (since August 2009)
- Development of stochastic typhoon model in Northwest Pacific region and its application to portfolio loss estimation, funded by AON Benfield (since January 2007)
Past research project
- Decision Theoretical Framework for Sustainable Decision Making in Civil Engineering, funded by Swiss National Science Foundation (October 2006 - September 2009)
- Engineering decision analysis
- Sustainability in civil engineering
- Probabilistic modelling of natural hazard risks (special focus on tropical storm risks)
- Natural hazard risks under climate change
- Probabilistic modelling of complex engineered systems
- Structural reliability theory
- Issues of Sustainability in Engineering Decision Analysis, ETH Zurich, 2009. Link to the PhD thesis at E-collection ETH.
- 2004.12 - 2009.03 Doctoral course, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (Doctor of Sciences)
- 2003.04 - 2004.08 Doctoral course, University of Tokyo, Japan
- 2001.04 - 2003.03 Master course, University of Tokyo, Japan (Master of Environmental Studies)
- 1997.04 - 2001.03 Undergraduate course, University of Tokyo, Japan (Bachelor of Engineering)
Curriculum vitae and list of publication
- Curriculum vitae and list of publication available in a pdf file.
Publication: Research - peer-review › Article in proceedings – Annual report year: 2014
Publication: Research › Ph.D. thesis – Annual report year: 2014
Publication: Research - peer-review › Paper – Annual report year: 2013
Latest activities and conferences