I am head of the theory group in the Center for Individual Nanoparticle Functionality. My main research interests are
- Shape and functionality of nanoparticles: What determines the details of a nanoparticles shape, and how does this influence its catalytical properties.
- Hot-electron assisted surface reactivity: Is it possible to use a nanostructured device to generate hot electrons (electrons with an energy of a few electron volts) and use them to trigger chemical reactions, which would otherwise only occur at higher temperature (if at all)?
- Large-scale molecular dynamics simulations of the mechanical properties of nanocrystalline metals and metallic glasses.
|2007 - 2008||Course in research management (forskningsledelse) - Technical University of Denmark|
|1999 - 2000||Education in Didactics and Teaching Methodology for Teachers at DTU - Technical University of Denmark|
|1986 - 1991||M.Sc. in electronics engineering / applied physics - Technical University of Denmark|
|1992 - 1995||Ph.D. in physics - Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics|
|1995 - 1996||Postdoc (WUSTL) - Washington University St. Louis, Department of Physics|
|1996 - 1997||Postdoc - Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics|
|1997 - 1999||Research assistant professor (forskningsadjunkt) - Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics|
|1999 -||Associate professor (lektor) - Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics|
- Postdoc at Washington University March 1995 to August 1996.
- Participated in approx. 50 international conferences and meetings, including 17 invited talks.
Teaching and education:
- Programme coordinator (kandidatstudieleder) for the Master programme in Physics and Nanotechnology.
- Responsible or co-responsible for the following courses: 10004 Physical chemistry, Thermodynamics and Materials (1999-2004); 10301 Advanced Nanoscale Materials Physics (2004-2005); 10034 Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics (2005-present); 10303 Condensed Matter Physics and Nanoscale Materials Physics (2007-present).
- Thesis advisor or co-advisor for five B.Sc. students and four M.Sc. students.
- Advisor or co-advisor for six Ph.D. students (bold indicates main advisor): Jesper Christiansen (2000-03), Gregers Kaat (2005-07), Søren Lund Frederiksen (2000-03), Anca Paduraru (2005-08), Jeppe Gavnholt (2006-09) and Thomas Olsen (2007-10).
2005 – 2010: Danish National Research Foundation: DNRF Center for Individual Nanoparticle Functionality (CINF). With Prof. Ib Chorkendorff (center leader), Ole Hansen, Jane H. Larsen and Ulrich Quaade. DKK 36.000.000 over five years.
2005 – 2007: Program Committee for Energy and Environment: Towards 25% efficiency solar cells: modeling and controlling defects in float zone silicon. In collaboration with Ole Andersen, Topsil Semiconductor Materials A/S. DKK 2.247.000 over three years.
- P. Gorm-Petersens memorial award (1997).
- Reviewing for the following journals: Science, Nature Materials, Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. B, Phil. Mag. A, Met. Trans., Acta Mater., Scripta Mater., Comput. Mater. Sci. and Microelec. Eng.
- Maintainer of the Asap molecular dynamics program, released under the GNU General Public License as part of the CAMPOS software.
CV as PDF
Publication: Research - peer-review › Poster – Annual report year: 2016
H2/D2 exchange reaction on mono-disperse Pt clusters: enhanced activity from minute O2 concentrations
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article – Annual report year: 2016
Publication: Research - peer-review › Conference abstract in journal – Annual report year: 2016
ISSNs: 1098-0121, 1098-0121
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1550-235X
American Physical Society, United States
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes, BFI (2015): BFI-level 2, Scopus rating (2015): 1.933 0.94
ISSNs: 0031-9007, 0031-9007
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1079-7114
American Physical Society, United States
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes, BFI (2015): BFI-level 2, Scopus rating (2015): 3.731 1.995
ISSNs: 0021-9606, 0021-9606
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1089-7690
American Institute of Physics, United States
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes, BFI (2015): BFI-level 2, Scopus rating (2015): 0.959 0.727
Place of employment
Latest activities and conferences