- Biometeorologist, plant ecologist and ecosystems researcher
- Interdisciplinary tropical research
- Specialist on turbulence measurements and data post processing (eddy covariance technique)
- Biophysical and dynamic ecosystem modelling
- Meteorological research at landscape, ecosystem, canopy and sub-canopy scales
- Data analysis and scientific programming (C, SAS, FORTRAN, UNIX, R)
- Research project management: Pi of two and member of several EU projects, several national research projects
- University teaching of bioclimatology at the University of Göttingen, Germany and DTU, Denmark
Prof. Apl. Dr.
- Long-term micrometeorology at 5 intensive meteorological tower sites – high quality, continuous atmospheric measurements of motion, energy content and radiation
- Development of the eddy covariance technique and turbulence data post processing (data quality control, correction for low-pass filtering effects in tubes, development of commercial sensor designs and software.
- 3D biophysical modeling of radiative transfer and canopy photosynthesis in forests and agroforestry systems.
- Deposition of atmospheric trace substances to terrestrial ecosystems
- CO2 and H2O gas exchange with the atmosphere (leaves, soil, ecosystem)
- Ecosystem Carbon budgets and their components
- Nitrogen deposition and cycling in forests.
- Dynamic ecosystem modeling (MixForSvat, COUP, Biome-BGC) and model intercomparisons (a number of models from European modeling groups)
- Regional greenhouse gas balances
Industrial Ecology(teaching at DTU)
- Environmental sustainability concepts for industrial systems from local to global scales
- Material and energy flows in industrial and natural ecosystems
- Life cycle assessment
- Ecological network analysis for eco industrial parks
Interdisciplinary, cross cultural research
- Effects of land-use and land-use change in tropical rain forest margins in Indonesia
- Prediction of climate change impacts on natural resources at local scales
- 69 peer-reviewed, international scientific publications in journals and books (61 ISI listed, H-index 23, times cited 4868, Web of Knowledge 09.02.2015)
- European Geophysical Union member since 1996, convener of session Air-Land Interactions since 2008. Associated Editor Biogeosciences
- Site PI of the global flux research network FLUXNET.
- Member of the Monitoring System Assembly for the ESFRI Integrated Carbon Observation System (ICOS)
- Member of the ‘The Nordic Centre for studies of Ecosystem Carbon Exchange (NECC)’
- Danish representative of the COST action PROFOUND and member of COST actions ABBA, FP903 and CLIMMANI.
- Peer review in 20 international, scientific journals, external reviewer of academic projects and theses, research and job proposals for research organisations in Germany, Ireland and The Netherlands.
Research proposal assessment for German, Irish, Dutch and Swedish research institutions and funding agencies
My filesLogin to view additional files
Investigating sources of measured forest-atmosphere ammonia fluxes using two-layer bi-directional modelling
Publication: Research - peer-review › Journal article – Annual report year: 2017
Publication: Research › Ph.D. thesis – Annual report year: 2017
Changes in phenology and the influence on the carbon sequestration in a Danish beech forest over 20 years
Publication: Research - peer-review › Poster – Annual report year: 2017
Activity: Talks and presentations › Conference presentations
ISSNs: 1607-7962, 1029-7006, 1029-7006, 1029-7006
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1029-7006
Copernicus GmbH, Germany
BFI (2009): BFI-level 1, ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed no
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1873-2240
Elsevier BV, Netherlands
BFI (2017): BFI-level 2, Scopus rating (2015): SJR 2.18 SNIP 1.9, ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes
Additional searchable ISSN (Electronic): 1365-2486
Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd., United Kingdom
BFI (2017): BFI-level 2, Scopus rating (2015): SJR 5.379 SNIP 2.513, ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed yes