Technical Information Center of Denmark
DTU Library, the Technical Information Center of Denmark, contributes
- to the realization of DTU’s mission and vision
- by securing an optimum information infrastructure and information service
- for both scientific and administrative processes
- and contributes to the study environment at DTU as well as interaction with our surroundings.
This challenge comprises the entire information cycle of DTU in which
- information from all over the world is put at the disposal of and communicated to the users of DTU
- the information must be applied and utilized so that - together with other scientific activities at DTU – it results in new information being generated by the university
- this new information is collected, documented, filed and preserved
- and made public and disseminated via efficient and credit awarding channels
- after which the impact of the research can be analyzed and estimated.
The mission of DTU Library can thus be translated into five focus areas:
- Securing DTU’s scientific information provision and communication.
- Collecting, documenting and filing the information produced by DTU including the appertaining cases and projects.
- Contributing to the publication and dissemination of DTU’s scientific information and carry out analyses of the output and impact of the university.
- Contributing to an inspiring and attractive study environment at DTU.
- Contributing to DTU’s interaction with the surroundings and public image.
The mission and the four user segments of DTU Library are illustrated below.
Publication: Communication › Sound/Visual production (digital) – Annual report year: 2015
Publication: Communication › 2D/3D (physical products) – Annual report year: 2015
Publication: Research - peer-review › Poster – Annual report year: 2015
Activity: Participation in council, board, committee and network › Membership in research network
Activity: Participation in conference/workshop/course/seminar › Participation in workshop, seminar, course
Activity: Participation in conference/workshop/course/seminar › Organisation of and participation in conference
ISSNs (Electronic): 1901-7588
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed no
ISSNs: 1904-1969, 0106-0503
ISSNs (Electronic): 1901-1903
Danmarks Forskningsbiblioteksforening, Denmark
ISI indexed (2013): ISI indexed no, BFI (2008): BFI-level 1
Latest activities and conferences